[Application] PVP Admin Recruitment

This is not a discussion thread. Submit your application in this thread. For discussions, please direct your words to the #community-conversion channel on Discord.

This post is subject to some modification (clarification, details, etc)

Recently on Discord we have observed a moderate interest in rebooting the PVP game mode. As it stands, the PVP servers are largely empty collecting dust. This was a result of some admittedly dramatic deviation from our original PVP concept, the one most veteran PVP players were fond of, and lack of enough PVP admin participation. Learning from the PVE admin team, we understand that active admin participation and interaction boosts engagement and community morale.

As many know, SGC is a community-driven platform and if what the community wants is a PVP reboot, then a PVP reboot it shall have. However, in order to prevent us from falling into the same hole again we need a few extra hands to make this work. As such, for the first time ever in Supreme Ark's "history", we will be holding open applications for adminship. Anybody is free to apply but we are looking for motivated individuals that can commit to a fraction of their time to helping the PVP mode and community grow.

Admins are held to a much more stringent code of conduct, especially in PVP where the risk of server reputation slandering is much higher. Outlined below are some expectations, duties, roles, and miscellaneous points that players should consider before applying to determine whether they would make a good fit with the rest of the admin team. No prior admin experience is required.

Roles

This is first and foremost an process to seek out potential PVP admins. At certain times, emergency assistance will be requested in the PVE game mode, but because we already have a splendid PVE admin team, the bulk of efforts and responsibilities will be PVP-centric. Current PVE players are welcomed to apply if they believe they can make a graceful transition to PVP.

Selected individuals will begin on a probationary period. During this time, they will receive training and gain hands-on experience with managing the discord PVP community and in-game affairs. No admin rights (god mode, item/dino spawn ability, etc.) will be granted during this period, until an undetermined period of time has elapsed and admins are confident that they can be independently trusted with admin privileges without supervision. However, they will receive an admin badge and will have some authoritative power such as general rule enforcement.

Duties

Selected individuals must be willing and be available in-game in order to help and interact with the player base.

Admin responsibilities will bleed onto the Discord platform to ensure that members adhere to the general code of conduct. We strive for a fun, professional, and mature community.

Expectations

We firmly believe that admins should not have to give up their right to play in order to be a participating admin. There are some caveats to this concept, however, that admins are expected to respect in PVP:

• Any personal affiliations with large tribes must be kept to a respectable distance. This is not to say that admins are not allowed to interact and become friends with, but admins are expected to enforce rules evenly across the board. Having a strong personal relationship with any given tribe or individual may cloud judgement and endanger the reputation of the server. It is because of this that we strongly suggest applying only IF a player can enjoy PVP without being in a mega tribe. Having an admin in a mega-tribe is a ticking time bomb.

• Admins are held to a more stringent version of the rules. Anything that is on the server rules must be adhered to religiously. Unlike a non-admin player, admins have zero room to express their personal interpretation of the rules. The reason for this is, again, PVP is a much more volatile environment. Any rule bending by admins that is expressed by example will be interpreted as normalization of inaccurate rule definitions. This makes it incredibly challenging to enforce rules because the common, yet valid, counter is, "If an admin can do it, why can't I?".

• PVP admins must be more careful about who they choose to raid. We generally recommend reactive action, rather than proactive. For many players, it is very discouraging to see raid-happy admins. A streak of unprovoked raid victories undermine the confidence of the entire admin team.

• Admins are expected to play the game legitimately. While at some point, full admin rights will be granted, they are meant to be used solely to assist other players. Admin privileges are not to be used for self-improvement or benefit.

• Admins are not expected to slave away at the detriment of their own fun. There are some players that believe that the role of an admin is to assist in the slightest of problems. That is not what we believe is the definition of an admin. Admins are here to foster a strong relationship with the player base, ensure fair game play by enforcing rules, and assist with large technical problems. As an admin, you are just another player, just like anybody else who just so happens to have the ability to deal with some specific issues.

• This is a hobby for the entire admin team. Regrettably, there is no monetary compensation for offering your valuable time. The funding that we receive from player donations goes right back into paying for server space and other utilities which allow admins to perform their duties more efficiently. This funding is exactly what has allowed the servers to operate for as long as they have. If you are OK with this, we would love to have you on the PVP team.

Miscellaneous

The PVE admin team has done an amazing job with establishing occasional community events. Players are very eager to participate, and the end-result is very positive. This is something we'd like to bring over to PVP. While the type of events that we would like to run is unknown at this time, as part of the admin team an additional duty will be to interact with the community and work with other admins to develop occasional events to further strengthen the relationship between admins and players.

Application

A personal note: I always thought applications for these kinds of things were super silly, and you may think so too. However, here we are. The entire admin team has invested thousands of combined personal hours into making SGC into what it is today. We are committed to sticking around, and for that we need to seek out great talent in our very own community members who are just as passionate about improving the platform.

With that said, if you have read the above points and feel like this is something you would like to be a part of, please use the following template to submit your application. It's a straight copy-paste and pre-formatted template. Please be as detailed as you need to be.

Do note: We are not sure what to expect as far as turnout goes. We don't have a set number of applicants we will be interviewing and potentially admitting into the admin team. Whatever our decision is, we'd like to thank participants in advance for taking the time and for considering volunteering your time.

**In-game player and tribe name**: <playerName> (<tribeName>)

**Steam ID**: <steamID>

**Are you comfortable with voice communication?**:  <yes/no>

**How many combined hours, to your best approximation, do you have invested on our servers?**: <mapName>

**Do you have any previous experience administrating or managing any form of community or organization? If yes, where or what?**: <textHere>

**Why do you think you'd make a good addition to the PVP admin team?**: <textHere>

**Do you have any experience dealing with difficult people? Do you believe you have the personality to preserve a calm and professional attitude with difficult players?**: <textHere>

**What level of daily time commitment do you think you can afford to spare?:** <textHere>

**What timezone are you located in?:** <textHere>

**Do you have a particular skill (technical or otherwise) which you would be willing to lend for the betterment of the platform? If so, please explain:** <textHere>

**Any additional details you would like to include?:** <textHere>

In-game player and tribe name: DemiDaDino RAWRRRR

Steam ID: Dementra76543

Are you comfortable with voice communication?: Yes

How many combined hours, to your best approximation, do you have invested on our servers?: 924 hours on this account over 2000 maybe on the other account when I was on here a year and a half ago

Do you have any previous experience administrating or managing any form of community or organization? If yes, where or what?: For about 4 months I was co-owner of an ARK server called Phantasmagorical ((may have miss spelled that)) where I helped manage the server.

Why do you think you'd make a good addition to the PVP admin team?: I am a very communicative person and allot of people on the server already like me and I think that is very beneficial when it comes to being an admin. Almost everyone here knows who I am.

Do you have any experience dealing with difficult people? Do you believe you have the personality to preserve a calm and professional attitude with difficult players?: Droacon and Skitzo, need I say anymore? And considering the situations I think I handled the situation really well.

What level of daily time commitment do you think you can afford to spare?: I don't have a day job I can spend as much time as willingly possible on the server helping people.

What timezone are you located in?: Eastern standard

Do you have a particular skill (technical or otherwise) which you would be willing to lend for the betterment of the platform? If so, please explain: I am easy to talk to and approachable. people have no problem coming to me and talking to me about things.

Any additional details you would like to include?: I have been here for years, and allot of people know that. I don't want to use that to benefit myself but it does because I remember how the PvP server was and how much fun and easy going it was. I would like to see it get back to that.

This post is deleted!

In-game player and tribe name: <Soloxor> (<Slaughterhouse>)

Steam ID: <Soloxor>

Are you comfortable with voice communication?: <Yes>

How many combined hours, to your best approximation, do you have invested on our servers?: <PvP: at least 2500 combined hours>

Do you have any previous experience administrating or managing any form of community or organization? If yes, where or what?: <I have no experience managing online gaming communities. IRL I work with youth as an associate advisor in a Veturing Crew associated with the Boy Scouts of America>

Why do you think you'd make a good addition to the PVP admin team?: <I think my past participation on the PvP server as a simple player, and as the leader of a megatribe, lets me offer insight as to how PvP players game the rules and perceive the admins. My experiences here showed me how nasty players can get in a PvP scenario. My experiences elsewhere showed me how vital an active administration is to the overall health of a PvP server. I think both those combined will prove to be valuable to the PvP admin team. >

Do you have any experience dealing with difficult people? Do you believe you have the personality to preserve a calm and professional attitude with difficult players?: <I have experience dealing with inter-tribe politics as an Ark player, and am verbose beyond the norm when communicating through the forums and discord. I explain my point of view in detail and try not to leave any room for misinterpretation in my arguments. The job of the admin is to enforce the rules and the spirit of the rules are being followed, nothing more or less. I feel like the best response to difficult players is to either listen to their frustration in a passive manner, or ensure their complaint is something that matters to us as a matter of the rules and such. >

What level of daily time commitment do you think you can afford to spare?: <I can afford to expend a good deal of time in the evenings, for the most part. I am a college student with a good deal of free time when I’m not studying, so I like to monitor Discord when I’m not playing. I also tend to have Ark open and leave something on my crafting key while I study at the same time. >

What timezone are you located in?: <Eastern Standard Time>

Do you have a particular skill (technical or otherwise) which you would be willing to lend for the betterment of the platform? If so, please explain: <I have no particular technical skills beyond being adept at using google to troubleshoot issues.>

Any additional details you would like to include?: <I learned to play Ark here. I’d like to contribute my time to ensuring PvP here survives and thrives. I’m, for the most part, a reactive PvPer. I don’t raid unless I’m raided and I enjoy breeding and taming and supporting new players. If you accept me as an admin, I’d likely act as something of a charity for new players on the server, while at the same time building a counter-force against pests on the server.>

In-game player and tribe name: Sukotto (RAWRRRR)

Steam ID: SukottoIzanagi

Are you comfortable with voice communication?: Yes

How many combined hours, to your best approximation, do you have invested on our servers?: PVE about 500 -600 hours

Do you have any previous experience administrating or managing any form of community or organization? If yes, where or what?: I helped a friend run a server cluster in the past. He took it down due to not being able to afford it anymore. I'm also a Computer technician for my job and have some experience in servers

Why do you think you'd make a good addition to the PVP admin team?: I've played PVP in the past (not on this server) and know how it functions. I'm very familiar with the current maps (minus EC as I'm still getting used to it). I also believe that having an active Admin team for PVP would mitigate a lot of issues that may arise.

Do you have any experience dealing with difficult people? Do you believe you have the personality to preserve a calm and professional attitude with difficult players?: As someone who is on of the public faces of the workplace's IT department, I'm comfortable in providing customer service and keeping a cool head.

What level of daily time commitment do you think you can afford to spare?: anywhere between 6pm EST and 11:30pm EST, Monday through Friday and my weekend are pretty much free

What timezone are you located in?: Eastern Standard Time

Do you have a particular skill (technical or otherwise) which you would be willing to lend for the betterment of the platform? If so, please explain: I have knowledge of Windows OS's, Cisco equipment, Servers, and a little about Linux

Any additional details you would like to include?: I've seen the toxic environments that PVP can breed and I feel a lot of the issues were due to either toxic admins, or a lack of admin support. I would like to help make the PVP environment for this particular server a fun place where toxicity isn't tolerated

In-game player and tribe name: <InSaNe_NiTe

Steam ID: canadaboy1980

Are you comfortable with voice communication?: yes

How many combined hours, to your best approximation, do you have invested on our servers?: no idea but its alot 😄

Do you have any previous experience administrating or managing any form of community or organization? If yes, where or what?: Helped run a ARK server and Arma 3 server for a lil over a year or so

Why do you think you'd make a good addition to the PVE admin team?: i love to help new players i know all the maps pretty well and iam always willing to fix a problem any player has

Do you have any experience dealing with difficult people? Do you believe you have the personality to preserve a calm and professional attitude with difficult players?: ive delt with griefers and problem starting people on other server that ive helped run or was a admin on most of the time it came out to a good ending

What level of daily time commitment do you think you can afford to spare?: can be available anytime all week long (no life here lol)

What timezone are you located in?: Atlantic standard

Do you have a particular skill (technical or otherwise) which you would be willing to lend for the betterment of the platform? If so, please explain: <textHere>

Any additional details you would like to include?: i have no current beefs with any players none have beefs with me that i know or am aware of worse case if any such beef should ocme up i would be more then willing to resign from the spot 🙂

Looks like your connection to Supreme Gaming Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.