This player has been banned. Thank you.
Posts made by Whatzitooya
We are hard-pressed to make this announcement, however, in the interest of ensuring a fair experience for everyone that joins this community, we will be turning off the Atlas claim system on all of the Supreme Gaming Atlas servers for an undefined amount of time. This however, does not mean that it will be a permanent change.
Over the last week the players have face a lot of frustration with how the claim system currently operates, which have prompted us to add a few basic rules with how many claims people could make and preventing claim stealing. The fact of the matter is, that there is a large number of players that either negligently or malignantly violate these rules creating the following problems:
- Setting down claims without immediate use (place-holding). This removes land which could be immediately used by another player.
- Under-utilizing claims. While even under the 3 claim limit, players are claiming with no real intent of building and skirting by the rules by building minimal structures to feign active development/progress.
- Some people have figured out entire claims can be stolen, and once done allows them to demolish and sink structures and ships in addition to stealing any resources there which cost players a lot of time and effort.
For the health of the community, we have to be prepared for new players. As it stands, new players are having a difficult time finding any land and are finding themselves in a difficult position where they have to decide to stay and sail for an unknown amount of time in HOPES to find available land, or leave the server and go to a lower population server where they have a higher likelihood of finding a land. As a community, the more players we have, the more opportunities for trading, making friends, and fun and engaging experiences.
This, we predict, will not be a very popular decision among the already established companies. Some arguments we have seen include:
- Players will be able to build close to each other. Some people don’t like to have their neighbors too close to them or players.
- Players will be able to spam structures as a form of territory claim
- Resources that would have been protected by a claim would no longer be and would allow other players to build on them. This is especially true for areas where rare resources are abnormally present.
- Will fully interrupt the taxation system.
Please consider the following points, as a counter argument. In order:
- This will tackle the problem of new players not finding any area to build. Even as we plan to roll out more shards, it is only a matter of time before those islands are saturated and maximum capacity is reached simply due to how large claims are and how valuable shoreline real-estate is for shipyards. In all fairness, the biggest value to shorelines is the ability to have a place to craft and release a ship. This game is all about boats, and without a boat players are severely restricted with how much of the map they can travel to and explore. Larger development centers such as main bases can be easily relocated slightly more inland.
- We plan to introduce the same building and territory restrictions we use in our Ark PVE servers to combat this. Territory claims will work as follow:
- A maximum of two bases per shard are allowed. These are defined as:
-- These bases must be active development centers, where a lot of company activity is focused.
-- Any size
-- Must not block, enclose, or be built on more than two sides of another company’s structures. Leave enough of a buffer for all parties to expand.
- An undetermined limit for outposts. These are defined as:
-- Small temporary location that is clear-able on demand if another player wishes to establish a permanent base on.
-- Not built in a location where a large base would be built.
-- Accompanied with the bare-bone basics such as a bed, a few crafting stations, boxes, etc.
-- Maximum size of 4x4 foundations.
- Foundation, pillar, etc spam is not permitted and treated the same way as excessive claims.
- Structures will have traditional decay timers that will require timer a timer refresh occasionally. After the timer depletes, as would with inactive players and companies, these structures will automatically decay and continuously open new land for new and existing players.
- Areas that are abnormally rich in precious resources can be protected in such a manner that can prevent players from building on them. Furthermore we are able to introduce a building restriction list for areas that should be considered common to everyone, on which building will be restricted and any structures placed there would be demolished on sight without prior notice. This is something we also employ on our Ark PVE servers and has worked wonderfully.
- Unfortunately the taxation system will be crippled by the removal of the claim system and players will no longer be able to tax other players harvesting resources on their territory. While losing passive resource gathering will be a bummer for those territory owners with desirable resources, the resources will continue to exist and is always faster to harvest by hand. Any other resources that are not considered “valuable” are abundant in excess that passive gains are mostly insignificant.
We are fully aware of some of the upcoming changes to the claim system in official patches next week, these have the potential to introduce new problems.
- From what we have gathered, without the ability to restrict territories as neutral through settings, people will set their claims to restricted and we’ll end up back where we are currently with land scarcity.
At the core of this decision is the amount of time that fixing problems related to the claim system, that the admin team has to expend. Please understand that while we love to provide the services we do, we also have real-life obligations (school, work, etc) and are also active players in-game. At the current moment, the claim system is so broken that players with the know-how can use these broken mechanics in such a way that even with admin commands we are unable to do anything. This results in claims being temporarily un-removable for the duration of the remaining claim upkeep timer. We strongly believe that this time could be better spent in future improvements and server developments.
Until Grapeshot grants us the tools to properly deal with this issues, these changes will take effect as of this post. We hope you agree or, at the very least, understand our grounds.
Please leave your comments below or on the server discord @ https://discord.gg/2uEa5xQ
TL;DR: Claim system is going away, get rekt.
Edit: Giving it a second though, yes there were some recent changes. We did a server migration a week ago and the IP's changed, so you will need to adjust your connections. The connections you want to use are:
Extinction (Official DLC) PVP : [s2.supremegaming.gg:27017] Ragnarok PVP : [s2.supremegaming.gg:27019] Aberration PVE : [s1.supremegaming.gg:27019] Center PVE : [s1.supremegaming.gg:27021] Extinction (Official DLC) PVE : [s1.supremegaming.gg:27017] EC (Mod) PVE : [s2.supremegaming.gg:27029] Island PVE : [s1.supremegaming.gg:27023] Ragnarok PVE : [s1.supremegaming.gg:27025]
We issued in-game warnings and pushed discord announcements a week before, so you may not have caught them depending on when the last time you played was.
I'm confident this fixes your connection problem, but if it doesn't proceed below.
I do not recognize your steam name, so that's a good start into assuming you're not banned. Being banned from our servers would not lead to servers being unresponsive or invisible through the steam sever browser. This leads me to believe that your issue with connecting to the servers is purely connection based. Try this:
Play with that limiter, and test if any of the options work. This is found in
Steam -> Settings
Apologies if this has been your experience. That kind of behaviour is not acceptable on the PVE servers and is subject to an immediate ban. However, we do require some form of proof, whether it be screenshots or video. Do you have or are able to get any?
The Official Extinction DLC is right around the corner and will be something that’s exciting for everyone, but games are best played with friends (or new members). As a growing community, we’d like to give back as a token of appreciation for allowing us operate for as long as we have. For the first time ever in Supreme Gaming's history, we will be holding a raffle/giveaway for a limited number of Extinction DLC keys. Woot!
For new arrivals or those needing a quick refresher, we have bee running Ark servers for over 2 years now, hosting two different game mode clusters: one PVE and one PVP. For this raffle/giveaway we have allocated a maximum of 6 total keys, split evenly across the two clusters meaning 3 for PVE and 3 for PVP. The system enabling us to hold this raffle is the in-game points and shop, which for those unfamiliar with it, allows players to earn hourly points through in-game play, one-time donations, or Patreon subscriptions.
This is a 100% opt-in event and does require a small buy-in in order to keep the pool of participants limited to those which have a degree of commitment to our servers and services and will most likely expend their DLC time here. Each player is eligible for a single ticket entry across clusters, costing 500 points. New and existing members are eligible for this event. To purchase your raffle ticket, please use the following code through in-game chat:
/buy raffleTicket 1
To see your point balance, you can use:
Additional technical details on this event are outlined below. If you have any questions, please take a moment to read through them and if you still have a question following that, please post in this thread.
Good luck and have fun!
Who is eligible for this raffle event?
Anyone that does not fit in the following categories:
How long will raffle entries be allowed?
Raffle tickets will be purchasable in-game from the time of this post up until a week before the DLC is released.
How will winners be decided?
To preserve anonymity and remove any source of bias, a full list of participant SteamID's will be run through a randomized selector and 3 for PVP and 3 for PVE will be selected. Who knows, we might stream it?
Can I buy one ticket on each map?
Technically you can, but you won't want to. Any duplicate purchases for raffle tickets will be discarded as we are limiting the entry limit of one per person.
I play on both PVP and PVE clusters, can I buy one ticket on each cluster?
Again, yes but duplicates will be removed when we compile a full list of Steam ID's so only one ticket will count.
I want to purchase a ticket on X cluster, does it matter on which map I do it?
No. As long as you purchase a ticket on a cluster map, your raffle ticket will be considered.
How can I earn points for a raffle entry?
For those folks that have already been playing on our servers, you may already have the required number of points saved up.
For those folks that are just joining us, the base hourly point gain rate is 5 per hour, so it would only require 100 hours of game play to earn the required number of points to purchase a ticket.
For those wanting to make monetary contributions and use their reward points on a ticket instead, the value of a ticket comes out to be shy of $4.25 USD.
Can I purchase raffle tickets outside of the game?
No. In order to purchase a raffle ticket you will have to log in to any of our Supreme Gaming Ark servers and purchase your ticket there.
How will winners be notified?
We recommend joining our server Discord for the latest announcements. In he event that we hold a live stream deciding winners, we will be posting the link there as well.
We will make every effort to reach out to you via Discord and Steam once winners are decided. In the event that we do not receive a response from you, your reward will be surrendered after 7 days and be given to another recipient.
BEFORE YOU READ: If you have any questions, comments, or concerns make your posts on the
The last PVP server server wipe occurred in March of 2018. As many of our long-time and new players can attest, Supreme Ark PVP has suffered from a critical existence failure in the intervening time. The last wipe failed for a variety of reasons:
- The general lowering of rates, while initially a boost to server population, resulted in pushing away some of our less “hardcore” members.
- We drifted away from our old motto of “All the fun with none of the grind!”
- We suffered several game breaking mod catastrophes, each time lowering our population.
- Finally, we “abandoned” the PVP side of things when it was clear population wasn’t returning for a while. The Ragnarok PVP map literally broke sometime this summer, which prompted our PVP revival after much interest from you, the community.
Rates and Settings
Supreme Ark will be returning to our traditional rates of 25x ALL. You heard right: 25x ALL. XP, gather, taming, breeding, etc. It has been made very clear to us that a lot of people preferred this rate setup. This rate setup was very well received for nearly two years, and hopefully will see us through for the immediate future.
- 25x rates leads to a more laid back atmosphere in terms of PVP, while at the same time allowing people to rebuild extraordinarily quickly in the event they are raided.
- People really liked our unique drop table for PVP back in the day, so that's also coming back.
- Player and Dino level are returning to their classic values (350 max player, 240 max wild, etc.)
- We’re lowering the mutator cost from 200 element, which previously made it practically impossible, to 40 element. This is higher than the default 10 element per pulse. It will still be possible to super-breed your dinos with a bit of elbow grease.
- There will be no ORP (offline raiding protection) mod, nor a vanilla ORP implementation. We have had some major issues with ORP mods in the past from rendering structures invulnerable to flat out not working. On top of this, the best ORP mods often came with a heavy performance tax which is not ideal on top of the major strain that PVP combat has on server instances. With this PVP iteration comes a much more relaxed turret limit, and so your base is only as safe as you can make it. Be smart!
- 100 turrets within a radius of 10 foundations. In terms of allowable density, this is as dense as you can place turrets. We need to leave some limit simply because of heavy turrets. In practical terms, this means about 1 turret per single wall on a turret wall (Heavy turrets make this like 4 normal turrets per wall on a turret wall).
The full list of mods can be found here.
A large portion of our core rule set will transition over. The main changes, in a nutshell, will be:
No more passive pen rules. This means that any all dinos on the PVP maps are fair game. It clear that the passive pen rules that we had in the past, while they mostly worked, created a lot of confusion among players when it came down to the structure spec and players taking it into their own matters when a passive pen was slightly out of spec. In addition, the rules only ever worked on players that followed them. At the end of the day, any player with ill-intent was able to wipe out passive pens at the expense of their immediate termination from the servers. For some, having the responsible player banned was often not enough justice after the damage had been done.
While the passive pens as you know them will no longer be a facility players have to worry about, we do understand people do not want to see all of their hard-earned dino breed lines vanish in a single PVP event. We want to give players the ability to spring back up as quickly as possible after a devastating battle in order to keep PVP interesting. In place of our traditional passive pen rules, we will instead be providing an totally optional facility: the Parking Map. This consists of a single flat PGArk (procedural generated ark) map in which you will be able to store a limited number of dinos. Item transfers will be disabled, meaning the only thing you will be able to transfer will be your naked character and dinos to prevent players from abusing the purpose of the facility to stash blueprints and other valuable resources. This single map will be set to PVE to mechanically prohibit players from killing each others' "protected" dinos. Furthermore, the dino metabolism and breeding settings on this map will be set as low as allowable by the server to prevent them from dying and automatically breeding. As mentioned before, this facility will be entirely optional but it makes sense to take advantage of it.
Protections for the underdeveloped against developed players or tribes will be implemented. Our "No Harassment" and "Don't be Jerk" rules are very broad and subjective when it comes to PVP. These will be a set of rules specifying a bracket of players you and your tribe will be allowed to attack. There is absolutely no reason why a fully developed metal tribe with good dino breeds needs to ago around raiding stone bases or worse, beach Bobs.
This is a very broad overview of changes to our rules and we strongly encourage PVP players to read and understand the detailed rules here.
Plugins allow us to extend and implement additional server functionality without the need of mods. Plugins we will carry include:
- Gain points for playing or donating and trade those for cool and convenience rewards. Allows loyalty/donation point trading between players
- Learn All Engrams
- For donors with a minimum cumulative contribution of $15, you will be able to learn all engrams with a simple chat command. Useful for learning engrams after mind wiping.
- Cross Server Chat
- Will allow players to talk to each other between maps in the same cluster. Will help unite the community scattered across maps.
- Safe Zones
- This plugin will allow us to set admin-defined safe (start areas) and restricted (resource-rich areas) zones. Will remove the need for an admin to manually enforce rules in these areas.
This PVP iteration will carry 3 maps:
- It's by far the most popular map.
- This will provide the Broodmother and Megapithecus Boss fights.
- Passive Parking Map
- This will be a “storage” map, replacing our old system of passive dino protections, albeit mechanically enforced. This is strictly for storing dinos, not breeding.
Other Odds and Ends
In previous PVP iterations, we've gone a highly infrequent wipe interval and while many members agreed with it, as time went on, there was a lot of uncertainty as to when the next wipe would be due to a very loose wipe schedule defined by unclear criteria. Going forward, we will still strive for a fairly infrequent wipe interval however the expectation of it will be more predictable as we follow 4 month re-evaluation periods. At these points in time, we will evaluate the health of PVP and community desires and make changes as necessary. If nothing needs changed and the PVP servers are healthy all around (performance, player numbers, etc), then we will simply roll onto the next evaluation period. The one exception will be irrecoverable map corruption on any one live PVP map, which will require the wiping of all maps and initiate a new PVP season.
All current Supreme Ark PVP servers will wipe and inherit the outlined changes on Friday, September 14, 2018 at approximately 6PM EST.
@dark-enity You may have found a bug. Can you try purchasing anything else and see if that works?